Alex is a assistant professor at the Cooperation Systems Center Munich at Bundeswehr University Munich. He observes with great interest the adoption of Social Software in various German and international companies and has been involved in several projects, inter alia with Siemens, Bosch, Allianz, Capgemini, EADS, IBM, SAP.
Alex holds a PhD from Bundeswehr University Munich and diploma in Business Information Systems Engineering and Management from Augsburg University and from the University of Rennes I (supported by a grant of the French-German University). During his studies he was employed amongst others at DaimlerChrysler France, at KPMG, at IPM United as well as at the chair for environmental and resources economics at the University of Augsburg.
Alex serves as Vice Chairman for the department of CSCW in the German computer science society, serves regularly as a reviewer for leading journals (EJIS, JMIS) and conferences (ICIS, ECIS, WI) and is a visiting researcher at the University of Sydney since 2009. He is mentor of the first Exist-Startup of the faculty of computer science of the Bundeswehr University München and Fellow of the Peter Pribilla foundaton.
- Trier, M. Richter, A. (2013): “I can simply…” – Theorizing Simplicity as a design principle and usage factor. In: Proceedings of the
21st European Conference on Information Systems, Utrecht. Download
- Richter A, Riemer K (2013): Malleable End-User Software. Business & Information Systems Engineering. 3/2013. doi: 10.1007/s12599-013-0260-x Download
- Richter, A.; Heidemann, J.; Klier, M.; Behrendt, S. (2013): Success Measurement of Enterprise Social Networks. In: Proceedings 11th International Conference on Wirtschaftsinformatik, Leipzig. (Best Paper Award Candidate) Download
- Stocker, A; Richter, A.; Hoefler, P.; Tochtermann, K. (2012): Exploring Appropriation of Enterprise Wikis: A Multiple-Case Study. In: Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW): The Journal of Collaborative Computing and Work Practices.
- Richter, A.; Stocker, A.; Müller, S.; Avram, G. (2011), Knowledge Management Goals Revisited – A Cross-Sectional Analysis of Social Software Adoption in Corporate Environments. In: Proceedings of the 22nd Australasian Conference on Information Systems, Sydney. (Winner of Best Knowledge Management Paper Award) Download
- Riemer, K.; Richter A. (2010): Tweet Inside: Microblogging in a Corporate Context. In: Proceedings of the 23rd Bled eConference 2010, Bled. (Winner of Outstanding Paper Award) Download
Please see German Site.
Supervised (PhD and diploma) Thesis
Please see German Site.