Call for Participation
The conference is soliciting high quality contributions that report
- novel techniques and technologies relevant to CSCW,
- empirical studies of work that contribute to the design space of CSCW,
- enhancement of the conceptual foundations of CSCW.
In particular, the conference welcomes contributions that focus on:
- Comparative analyses of empirical investigations that contribute to a deeper understanding of single application domains of CSCW or aspects of CSCW, which cross different domains
- New computer-enabled forms of organisation
- Collaboratories and distributed scientific work, including papers, which reflect on CSCW aspects of e-science
- The conception, construction and use of CSCW technologies in complex and demanding settings, like manufacturing, healthcare, security, control systems, etc.
- The implications of new interaction technologies (pervasive, ubiquitous, handheld …) for CSCW: empirical research of use, studies of integration with other CSCW technologies and applications
- The integration of CSCW technologies with other technologies used to support organisations, such as information systems, production systems, decision support systems, knowledge management systems, etc.
- The conception, construction and use of innovative interaction modes for CSCW applications, e.g. interfaces and supportive functionalities, including diverse users, such as impaired users
Architectures supporting CSCW technologies with quality requirements, such as flexibility, tailorability, adaptability, etc.
All contributions will be evaluated on their novelty, significance, quality and enhancement to the field. Accepted contributions will be included in the conference proceedings published by Springer and will be available at http://www.ecscw09.org. They will also be indexed in and available through the ACM digital library.
ECSCW 2009 requires that submissions have not been published previously and that papers submitted are not under simultaneous review for any other conference, journal or other publication.
March 6, 2009 – Full/short papers submissions due (electronic submission)
April 3, 2009 – All other submissions due (electronic submission)
May 8, 2009 – Accept/reject notification
June 8, 2009 – Finished papers (camera-ready electronic submission)
September 7-8, 2009 – Workshops at Vienna University of Technology
September 9-11, 2009 – Conference at Austrian Academy of Sciences
Please note that deadlines are firm to accommodate tight adjudication and publication schedules.
See: http://www.ecscw09.org/cfp.html for more details.